Which documents must appear in my enrolment application?
HEH / Registration / Documents
When enroling at the department's administration office, all students must:
- present themselves in person (see the page about the hours and days of enrolment according to the department);
- complete an enrolment form, dated and signed, including the identity, place of residence, nationality, certificates giving access to higher education, school curriculum or other activities since the end of secondary school in Belgium or abroad;
- sign the statement of receipt of the Educational, Social and Cultural Project of HEH and Study and Exam Regulations;
- provide several documents, namely:
I am a EEC student
- A valid Belgian or foreign ID/passport;
- Three recent passport photographs;
- A copy of birth certificate (translated by a sworn translator if the document is not written in French);
- The original version of the provisional certificate of higher secondary education (CESS in Belgium) for students graduated in 2022 or a copy of the official certificate for students graduated before 2022;
- For non-Belgian students, the certificate of higher secondary education (BAC or high school diploma) and corresponding transcript of records, and the equivalence of their foreign qualification or evidence that a request for equivalence had been submitted to the Ministry before 15 July prior to the academic year of the enrolment, that is, on 15 July 2022 for the 2022-2023 academic year (visit the website http://www.equivalences.cfwb.be);
- Students who have undertaken other studies after receiving the certificate of higher secondary education must also supply certificates of higher institutions as proof of their training from the end of secondary school (with the mention "has been enroled" or "has followed"), as well as the transcripts of records of first and second session with stamp of the institution and original director's signature. The certificate of a previous institution must include the following: "the student has no debt towards our institution";
- For students who have been registered as unemployed, a summary of their professional career (received from ONEM) as well as a certificate from FOREM mentioning the start and end dates of unemployment;
- For students wishing to enrol in order to upgrade their education, a copy of their last diploma and its supplement;
- For students who have already worked, (a) certificate(s) of the employer(s) mentioning the start and end of employment contract(s).
I am a student from outside EEC living in Belgium
In addition to the above-mentioned documents, students from outside EEC living in Belgium must provide:
- A copy of residence permit whose end date will not be earlier than the end of current academic year;
- A covering letter;
- Household composition;
- The original and final equivalence of their foreign qualification (certificate of higher secondary education/high school diploma/BAC).
I am a student from outside EEC and I do not live in Belgium
Enrolment conditions will be available in september.
How to obtain the equivalence of a foreign diploma?
Any request of equivalence must be submitted to the service of equivalences: http://www.equivalences.cfwb.be.
What if my diploma is issued in a country where the language of instruction is not French?
In this case, you will have to pass an exam demonstrating a mastery of the French language in order to access higher education within the French Community of Belgium.The exam is organised by universities or university colleges.
The student will therefore have to pass a test of mastery of French if he or she does not have any of the following diplomas:
- a Belgian or foreign diploma recognising the academic success in a higher secondary school or a higher education institution (Bachelor or Master programmes) where French is the language of instruction
- a certificate testifying that the student has passed the complete entrance exam of a Belgian French-speaking university of applied sciences
- A diploma recognising an academic background in an institution where the language of instruction is partially French, and appearing in the list below:
- a certificate of higher secondary education or a full-time degree of short-type higher education issued by an institution from the German-speaking Community of Belgium
- one of the following Luxembourgish diplomas:
- a certificate of higher secondary education;
- a certificate of higher secondary technical education;
- a diploma of technician;
- a diploma of educator;
- a diploma of nursing;
- a diploma of laboratory/radiology technical and medical assistant;
- a degree recognising a higher education background (Bachelor or Master);
- a Moroccan Baccalaureate/certificate of higher secondary education or a Moroccan degree recognising a higher education background (Bachelor or Master);
- a foreign diploma recognising the academic success in a higher secondary school or a higher education institution (Bachelor or Master programmes) where the language of instruction is partially French, provided that the competent authorities to issue a diploma equivalence have been able to verify that the student had a sufficient command of French as well as adequate communication skills.
A student may take this exam twice in the same academic year.