Have you got a learning disability?
A specific health problem?
This must neither be a barrier for your studies nor for the development of your professional and personal projects.
Long before the Decree of 30 January 2014 on inclusive higher education, HEH thought about the possibility to enable all its students to pursue their studies under the best possible conditions. It therefore implemented a series of arrangements to ensure that disabled students benefit from the same supervision and the same opportunity of academic success, thanks to an individualised support plan (in French, "plan d’accompagnement individualisé" - P.A.I.).
In this way, development, independence and integration are being targeted in the respect of professional skills and competences for the expected graduation.
Any advice or information about it may be obtained from the social and support service of your department.
P.A.I. defines the organisational and material conditions of course arrangements and/or their assessment in consultation with the student and support team.
At the Department of Learning Sciences and Teaching, an individualised support plan including reasonable accommodation for sport and physical activites (A.P.S.) can also be implemented. However, a full exemption of physical education classes is never accepted. Even in the event of exemption, the student must attend classes.
1. The student is invited to make an appointment with the social assistant of his/her department before 15 October in order to complete the individualised request form.
The support team (management, social assistant, educational referent, sports referent and other teachers concerned) ensures the confidentiality of provided information.
For departments in Tournai : Sophie SMET, Social Assistant
For departments in Mons : Léna BARRAL, Social Assistant
2. The application is complete if it is submitted together with one of the following documents:
3. The social assistant submits the student request to the Department Director who determines whether the claim is eligible. Then, she communicates to the student the decision which can be appealed depending on the provisions of the decree.
4. Afterwards, the social assistant contacts the educational referent of the department and/or a relevant service if necessary to prepare the P.A.I. together with the student and the educational referent and/or the A.P.S referent of his/her department.
> For the Department of Learning Sciences and Teaching in Tournai:
> For the Department of Learning Sciences and Teaching in Mons:
> For the Department of Social Sciences:
> For the Department of Legal, Economic and Management Sciences:
5. Once written, the P.A.I. has to be approved by the Department Director who assesses its feasibility. The decision is communicated to the student by the educational or A.P.S. referent who asks the student to sign the document and hands a hard copy to him/her. Then it is sent for information to teachers or other people involved. It is available throughout the current academic year but can be adapted each semester if required.
6. At the same time, the educational or A.P.S. referent invites the student to sign a charter which defines his/her rights and duties as well as those of HEH within the support process framework.
A follow-up is ensured throughout the academic year by the support team who can suggest face-to-face or group meetings to the student. The student may also get in touch with the team in case of specific need.
At the end of the academic year, an assessment is carried out on the P.A.I. If the student wishes to renew his/her application the following year, he/she will have to submit a new request of the social and support service within the deadlines set.
HEH's Study Regulations use the appeal procedures set out in the decree.
In order to comply with sanitary measures and to avoid queues in hallways, please make an appointment online if you wish to meet one of our social assistants.